Chef Pants Uniform History: The Uniforms
There is scarcely a restaurant that you can run into where uniforms are not used in the kitchen. You may observe that executive chefs strictly wear plain black pants most of the time.
However, working chefs, soups chefs, and line cook put on the black and white checks. The hound’s tooth pattern is utilized to hide the spills and splashes of the more active chefs. On the other hand, the managing chef would usually sport black pants because spills are less likely to occur.
There are various chef pants even before and especially these days. The chef ants are classified.
First is the ultimate chef pant, followed by a baggy style, then cargo chef pants, tailored chef pants, utility chef pants, even chef shorts, women’s cut chef pants, traditional chef pants, and lastly the traditional chef uniforms.
Now we will find out what are the differences between the aforementioned pants.
1. Ultimate Chef Pants
– these pants are also labeled as the ultimate style and comfort. These pants are more tailored compared to the Baggy chef pants, plus it’s a little roomier than the traditional chef pants.
This type of pants is available in various colors and prints to give balance to the other Chef’s attires.
2. Baggy Cook Pants
baggy pants offer great comfort and style as well. In addition to that, these pants are durable and provide more room for the knees and legs to move.
Some styles provide cell phone pockets as well. Some designs are flair; therefore your feet can have a better feel.
3. Cargo Chef Pants
– these pants are usually sturdy and durable, suited for cargo chefs out there.
Cargo chef pants include leg pockets that have flaps and closure to keep items inside from slipping. These pants are breathable and can ensure your comfort when you are working for a long day.
4. Tailored Chef Uniforms
– these pants are even better for you since it is designed to have a wider leg for your comfort, plus a modern style that will add elegance and sophistication to your look.
5. Utility Cook Uniforms
– some pants look like baggy style pants but these utility pants let you work as hard as you want. It provides a roomy fit and the ability that holds.
These pants have six pockets that allow you to store some personal belongings like a wallet and cell phone and other tools.
6. Chef Pants Shorts
– this gear is also called casual shorts. Wearing shorts in the kitchen can give you a cool feeling. It is designed also for a roomy yet flattering fit.
7. Women’s Cut Chef Clothes
– these pants are inspired by an adage that form follows function. Therefore, these pants are built to compliment the female shape.
The fabric that is used in designing these pants can increase air circulation for an extra cool feeling in a usual warm and busy kitchen.
8. Traditional Cook Pant
– these types of pants offer a modern and clean look that is never weary of style. These pants offer a slim fit through the hip going to the thigh with a straight leg cut.
It has a convenient zipper fly (depending on the style of your choice). Furthermore, this design is soft and breathable.
9. Performance Chef Pant
– It is so-called performance chef pants because it brings your athletic look. It gives you a new level of comfort in the kitchen that lets you move around with ease.
Performance Chef Pant has a streamlined look because of the slim fit from the hip to the thigh and eventually gives a wider leg and ankle opening.
Generally, Cook uniforms consist of a hat or double-breasted jacket, and checkered pants which are common in Western people. The wearing of Chef’s uniform started in the mid 19th century. Uniforms are said to exist to give honor to the chef.
The color white is very important for them since it symbolizes cleanliness. Lately, chefs wear uniforms to denote their professionalism of chefs. Additionally, chefs can express their touch of style by putting on a decorated chef’s coat. Some of which may have food with inspired prints. In the modern world, various chefs? uniform emerges with prints and lines.
However, most serious chefs would always wear white coats to imply the importance and high regard to their profession. So, whether you are into fashion and trendy chefs uniforms, it all depends upon you on how you are going to perform your task and carry it out with utmost professionalism.